No special background or education is required to become a CASA volunteer advocate. We encourage people form all cultures and professions and of all ethnic and educational backgrounds. Once accepted into the program, you will receive all necessary training in courtroom procedures, social services, the juvenile justice system and the special needs of abused and neglected children.
Requirements do include:
- 21 years of age or older
- Willing to complete necessary background checks, provide references and participate in an interview
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of pre-service training
- Be available for court appearances, with advance notice
- Willing to commit to the CASA program at least until your first case reaches a permanent home (average case is 12 to 18 months)
- Dedicate 2-4 hours a week to your CASA case
If you are interested, please fill out the CASA volunteer form below.